Thursday, July 8, 2010

Intoduction

In this big world, a lot of civilizations have existed. Each civilization had its own concepts about life, moral, relationship, friendship, body language.....etc. That was long time ago. However, people all over the world still have differences in some of these concepts. There are different cultures between the countries; Some of these cultures are easy to recognize, such as music, food, celebrations, and visual arts. These are the surface culture. However, there are deep cultures which are hard to recognize or to understand, such as courtesy, rules of conduct, touching, concept of beauty... etc. It's required to spend a lot of time with a new culture to know about it, and you can the people about the deep cultures.

I am here in USA since January 2010 in order to complete my education, and during this period, I have joined the community, and I have made a lot of friendships with the citizens. I have observed a lot of deep cultures which were weird for me, but now I wish Saudi Arabia had the same. Also I have figured out some concepts which are different because of the environment, and I can't say which one is correct and which one is wrong because they are like opinions. I am going to mention some of these deep cultures in this blog.

1 comment:

  1. This is great :D yes, as we are ESL students, we sometimes face quite interesting, shocking, and amazing situations that we've never seen before and I'd love to know what did u feel and think about!
    so, good luck parter and tell me what u've been through!

    btw: what happened to ur blog? it's little bit hard to read :p
    and if u have more time, i think it's good idea to check ur misused vocab ;D

    ReplyDelete