Sunday, July 18, 2010

Money !!

I came from a rich country which is Saudi Arabia to another rich country which is United States of America. Most of the people in these two country are living a good life, and they get good salaries. The economy of both country are pretty good. In United States of America, there are a lot of sources to gain money. However, Saudi Arabia is mostly depends on oil and industries. The big difference is that people in United States of America are trying not to spend a lot of money. On the other hand, people in Saudi Arabia consider money as a minor interest in this life.

In Saudi Arabia, people are really generous; even with themselves. As a result, if they see a thing that they like, they buy it and they don't care about how much it costs. Most of the people in Saudi Arabia believe that there is no point from saving money without purpose. Also the people in Saudi Arabia like to invite each other a lot! For example, when I was their, I used to invite my friends to have a dinner or a lunch once every two or three months. We believe that this strengthens our friendship, and it make us too happy.

Here in America I believe it's totally different. People don't like to spend their money. Also when they go to a restaurant, it's not common at all that someone pay for another. I remember one time I went to a restaurant with an American guy, and I payed for him. What I remember is that he said "thanks" three or four times, and I believe that he will never forget it.

It's a fact that Arab are famous of their generous from long time ago. My father told me a story about a man called "Hatem" who cooked his own horse to feed his guests since he doesn't have another thing to give them although his horse was one of the best horses in the history!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that dutch paying is common in America and also it is little bit weird to me. In Korea, like Saudi, we treat each other in turn. Recently, we are affected by American culture quite a lot, we become to pay meal separately but it is not common like in America.
    I think it is really interesting point that you talked about Americans' idea of economy(or money) through experiencing paying(or treating) meals. :D

    ReplyDelete